Job Description Director of Development
Salary/Wages Compensation will be a combination of commission and salary to be negotiated.
Type: Full Time
Educational Requirements: Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Communications or related field
Experience Required: Have excellent customer service skills: anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of parents and supporters to meet or exceed their expectations .
Closing Date: 2021-10-29 12:00PM
Nimbus Christian Education is the first exclusively online Christian school in Ontario. The need for high quality education taught from a Christian Worldview has been growing dramatically in the past year. We seek zealous champions of Christian Education to recruit students to join our growing community.
Our organization is currently seeking a Development Director to oversee our fundraising initiatives and our student recruitment program. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing our non-profit’s fundraising campaigns, communicating with current and prospective donors, and building a stronger development team for our organization. This position involves managing individual and corporate gifts as well as planned and annual giving campaigns. If you have a strong background in non-profit fundraising and development, we encourage you to apply.
- Articulate and share school’s mission and vision
- Create, lead and implement marketing plans to increase the profile of the school through the management of its website and social media.
- Coordinate the design, revision and publication of all school’s promotional materials
- Manage school’s public relation activities (internal and external media outlets)
- This includes attending conferences and manning a booth
- Monitor and evaluate the marketing budget and ensure that marketing plans are implemented
- Grow enrollment through direct and active recruitment of current and new students
- Admit students (with Principal) according to the school’s policy.
- Actively follow up on all inquiries and prospects.
- Track inquiries on an annual basis for data analysis.
- Develop and oversee our fundraising program.
- Identify prospective individual and corporate donors and develop strategies to cultivate those relationships.
- Maintain ongoing communications with private and corporate donors.
- Ensure timely and accurate report deliveries to funders.
- Collaborate with staff on the management and planning of fundraising events.
- Attend staff meetings to keep staff abreast of the school’s activities
Work Hours and Benefits
- Compensation will be a combination of commission and salary to be negotiated.
- You will work remotely and be able to define your working hours.
- Be a Bible Believing Christian
- Demonstrate strong passion for Christian education
- Be a big picture thinker: ability to see and carry out the vision of the school
- Have excellent customer service skills: anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of parents and supporters to meet or exceed their expectations
- Be creative/Innovative: develop new and unique ways to market the school and to create new growth opportunities
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Communications or related field
- Have experience working with foundations and grant writing experience
- Have excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Having worked in not-for-profit environment is an asset
It would be beneficial if the applicant has
- Taken online courses.
- A working knowledge of Google Apps.
- Familiarity with MailChimp.
- Familiarity with GOBlender.
- Worked in a virtual workplace.
How to apply
Please submit your resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Please be prepared for an interview over Google Meet.